Wednesday 5 August 2009

Nepal and the D700

The early field trial of the D700 continues. I have been cycling the back roads and highways around Aviemore and Loch Morlich. And the D700 continues to both surprise and excite. My over-riding impression is one of how easy it is to access the functionality of the camera. You get what you pay for but I love the way you can change the settings on this camera. No doubt about it. It makes experimentation and hence creativity an easier issue. I am shooting mainly with the 24mm lense and have been trying to get a feeling for the camera by shooting both in bright sunlight and in the dark and everything in between. One thing is how high the light factor is in low light. I think that I am shooting in the dark and hey presto I get a light picture.

Another interesting thing is the live view. This is the first SLR I have owned that has live view. I have always enjoyed the immediacy of live view on small compacts. And my initial impression is similar with the D700 live view. It challenges the way you look at a scene.

Next stop Belladrum music festival this weekend.

Alex Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment